Driver’s Education – FL Thoroughbred PCA Region
Want to feel your Porsche on track straightaways and through the curves? Here’s your chance!! The Florida Thoroughbred Region has rented The Firm track for the day.
This event is initially open only to members of PCA and limited to the first 45 cars who register. We will run rain or shine!
Cost is just $195 each driver. Bring a non-driver guest for an additional $25.
Lunch and soft drinks are included in the cost.
Three “run groups” will allow novice, intermediate, and “seasoned drivers” to be on track with those of similar ability. Please signify your run group – novice, intermediate, or seasoned as you register with Club Registration.
THIS WILL BE A “DE” EVENT, NOT A TIMED EVENT.
DE instructors will be available for “in-car” instruction for those who have not driven on any track before or maybe only once or twice. Also, this may be the first time back on a track in a long time. Rate yourself “down in experience” to rebuild a confidence level with an in-car instructor.
1. Check in/registration begins at 7:30am at The FIRM. Be there on time as there is lots to do before we begin the session. In addition to confirming the signing of release waivers (you must sign the e-waiver on Club Registration), there will be a mandatory “tech inspection” by “The Firm”, and a mandatory driver meeting to be sure drivers are all aware of procedures, signals, flags, etc.
2. Each car owner must present at the track a completed Tech Inspection Form signed by the driver and an authorized shop. You will receive a copy of the Tech Inspection Form along with your confirmation of payment.
Porsche of Ocala will provide the mandatory tech inspections at no cost to PCA members before the event. Contact Aaron Pederson at 352-436-1283 to set an appointment. Please take advantage of this opportunity to be sure your car is ready for the track. (Tech at track is only to be sure of no loose items inside car, belts on, etc). If you live too far from Ocala to take advantage of the Porsche of Ocala offer your local mechanic must use the PCA Tech Inspection form provided. You must present the completed form at the track on April 1st.
3. Helmets – Snell rating of “2015” or newer are required. The FIRM has 20 helmets available that rent for $25 for those who do not have their own. (contact The Firm at 1-352-473-2999 to reserve/rent a helmet prior to the event. Identify that you are with the Porsche Club April 1st event).
4. Attire for drivers – Long pants and closed toe shoes are required.
5. Passengers are only allowed with the designated instructors during hot laps. However, passengers are allowed during the “Parade Laps” at noon and helmets are not required.
6. Drivers must be 18 or older with a valid driver’s license. Any minors as “guests” must have a “minor waiver” signed by a parent/guardian. (contact Bill Hodge to receive an emailed copy of the waiver email@example.com )
BE SURE TO USE THE E-SIGNATURE FOR THE REQUIRED LIABILITY WAIVER FOR EACH PERSON.
(PLEASE CREATE A SEPARATE ACCOUNT FOR YOUR GUEST SO THEY MAY ALSO UTILIZE THE E-SIGNATURE FOR THE LIABILITY WAIVER)
Event Flyer: The FIRM 2023
FIRM Website: The FIRM
For additional information contact Bill Hodge @ firstname.lastname@example.org
To register click here: Register